discussions and gluttonous observations...

4.03.2008

RDA potm: April 2008

Pushin' Forward Back
Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog
I was encouraging my daughter to push a ball across the floor and, for some reason, this got stuck in my head for a few days.
The Fad
Chevelle - Antisaint
Greg's selection last month got me to listen to the album again.
Feathers
Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 2: No World For Tomorrow
Not my favorite song on the album but the chorus gets in my head.
Acid Rain
Liquid Tension Experiment - Liquid Tension Experiment 2
Came up in shuffle - one of the better tracks from LTE of either album.
See Emily Play
Pink Floyd - Relics
I have no idea why - but this song got in my head while mowing the yard. It's not my particular style - but I can see genius here. Much like how I see genius with the Beatles later stuff. Interesting song.
Geek USA
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
I have been listening to this album all month and this song is just what I fixated on. Great album.
Unemployable
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
I think the story format of Eddie's lyrics are brilliant as always. Great deep cut from PJ.
Dark Star
Beck - The Information
Groovin bass backbone to this tune.
Villains
The Verve Pipe - Villains
Ahh - it's spring and I can smell the rain. That defines this album.
Fireal
Deftones - Adrenaline
In the early days - Deftones had a lot more "alt metal". The riff that repeats for the last half of the song is that sound. Awesome riff - definately of of my favorite Deftones songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home