discussions and gluttonous observations...

6.26.2006

Song List: Best of the 90's

I was going through my music on my iPod and I realized that I have a fairly well rounded group of rock artists from my era. So, naturally, I decided to put together a playlist to reflect this era. This is not a collection of my favorite hits, this is more of a "Rock view" of the 90's, I.E. - this collection of songs should properly "culture" someone who missed the 90's - from a rock perspective.

What I need is to fill the holes. Right now I have limited each band to one, and only one song. But I have only included artists I already own - so I need suggestions to round out the list. I also want to know if you disagree with a selection or if you think there is a better song from a particular artist. Here is the list so far: (band on left, song on right - in no particular order)

  • Alice in Chains - Would?
  • Beastie Boys - Sabotage
  • Bush - Everything Zen
  • Cake - The Distance
  • Corrosion of Conformity - Clean My Wounds
  • Days of the New - Touch, Peel, And Stand
  • Hum - Stars
  • Korn - Blind
  • Live - Lightning Crashes
  • Local H - Bound for the Floor
  • Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
  • Metallica - Enter Sandman
  • Nine Inch Nails - Closer
  • Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
  • Oasis - Wonderwall
  • Pearl Jam - Jeremy
  • The Prodigy - Poison
  • Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
  • Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome
  • Silverchair - Tomorrow
  • Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
  • Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
  • Stabbing Westward - What Do I Have to Do?
  • Stone Temple Pilots - Plush
  • Temple of the Dog - Hunger Strike
  • The Toadies - Possum Kingdom
  • Tom Petty - Mary Jane's Last Dance
  • Tool - Sober
  • Tori Amos - Precious Things
  • Tripping Daisy - I Got a Girl
  • The Verve Pipe - The Freshman
  • Weezer - Undone (The Sweater Song)
  • White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65
  • Beck - Loser
  • Pantera - Walk
  • REM - Man on the Moon
  • Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
  • Green Jelly - Three Little Pigs
  • Radiohead - Creep
  • No Doubt - Just a Girl
  • Dave Matthews Band - So Much to Say

6 Comments:

Blogger chugslugger said...

list is a great starting point. songs/bands are going to come sporadically, but these few popped into my mind almost immediately.

Bjork - Army of Me (Post 1995)
Meat Puppets - Backwater (To High to Die 1994)
Helmet - Milquetoast (Betty 1994)

4:00 PM

 
Blogger Carol said...

Alanis Morrisette - Almost all of the "Jagged Little Pill" album

3:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U2-"One"

12:13 AM

 
Blogger rhinosaur said...

I also left off Blind Melon's No Rain.

4:09 PM

 
Blogger chugslugger said...

A few more ideas.?.?

Garbage - either "Stupid Girl" or "Only Happy When It Rains"

10,000 Maniacs - either "Because The Night" or "These Are Days"

Tracy Bonham - "Mother Mother"

311 - "Down"

The Presidents of the United States of America - "Lump"

Joan Osborne - "One Of Us"

6:02 PM

 
Blogger chugslugger said...

Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now (Doubt 1991)
K's Choice - Not An Addict (Paradise in Me 1996)

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home